Sunday 17 November 2013

This City Will Change You

I know I haven't posted in awhile, it's been a busy month!  From my birthday to Katie visiting, job changes and everything in between, life is Prague is amazing.  It's hard to explain in a blog how phenomenal one city really is.  Who knows how long I'll actually be here for but dang do I love it!

Fact is: I don't have much to write about because I basically do the same things every week.  I haven't done many touristy things since I'm here for so long.  Plus, my roommate has a friend coming so that's when we'll do all that fun stuff.

On my lovely 23rd birthday, my friend surprised me at a bar with 2 bottles of champagne and a cake with streamers! It was awesome. Everyone is so nice and wonderful here.  Every person I've met is so down to earth it makes living here that much better.

Teaching has been going ok, too.  I work for a different company now teaching business adults.  I love it so much more than the kids.  Luckily, I am able to have a lot of lee-way with my schedule and now I can pick when I want to have lessons.  Teaching adults is so much better.  My lessons right now are individual, so I basically talk to my student for an hour about different topics.

My friend Katie, (who is studying in Paris right now), came to visit last weekend and it was really nice to have a familiar face around! She had a great time.  We went to go see Prague Castle *finally on my part* and it was breathtaking.  The view of the city from the castle was beyond words.  It is an aerial view of the entirety of Prague.  We saw the cathedral and golden lane, too.  Golden lane is a street full of small houses, basically looks like it's for midgets, but in medieval times everyone was small I guess? The architecture and design and facade of the building are amazing and it is still very well kept.  So beautiful.  I also tried hot wine for the first time and let me say, I WAS MISSING OUT.  It's like the best thing ever that has entered my mouth.

It's starting to get colder here and I'm really nervous for winter.  I don't think I can handle it! We shall see!

Until the next time.  Hopefully something cool happens soon :) But for now, I'm just tootin' along, doin' as the locals do.

No comments:

Post a Comment