Thursday 9 April 2015

Just to Wrap up the last few months...

RECAP:
(Seriously, took a few breaks) So you can laugh at this: After taking a break since Turkey Day, I've decided to get back to writing about my life in Europe.  Since every time I went somewhere I said to myself, "Paige, you should really start your blog again." That only took about 20 times.  After having my sister visit me for the last month, I've realized a few things and the meaning of certain, ideas per say.  It's been a rocky and fabulous ride since Christmas and it's going to near to impossible to try and write everything that has happened! For my family who is reading this: you know everything that has happened anyway thanks to FaceBook.  But to those of you reading this blog for ESL purposes and just for a funny read then this is for you!


To start off: Christmas and New Year's were amazing.  It's basically the time when my amazing boyfriend and I started dating officially and I went to Vienna. (Christmas was weird BTW because I've never been away from family for this holiday and less presents. Obviously) :) Prague apparently wasn't as cold as most winters, aka not looking forward to this winter. It still was cold, people are crazy. I had to work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at the Irish Pub and New Year's Day wasn't real life at work lolz, for obvious reasons.  Still, it was great.  My friend Katie came back to visit during Xmas and New Year's because she was studying in Paris at the time.  Everything was awesome and it was the best time! Prague was so packed with people during New Year's and every club, bar and restaurant was full. Definitely an experience.


Up until March, nothing exciting happened, just usual daily life things.  One of my best friends from high school came to visit me during spring break and St. Patrick's Day, since I worked at the Irish Pub, I had to work during St. Patrick's Day.  My friend and I had booked a week long trip to Krakow and Budapest while she was visiting and I couldn't wait! We took the train to Krakow first and it is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.  It's pretty small, but very beautiful.  We stayed at the party hostel there and I was surprised how friendly the staff was and accommodating.  We had such a great time with everyone and met some really cool people.  I love staying in hostels that allow you to make really good friends for the future. Krakow was amazing though, it's so cute and clean and the Polish people are super nice! My friend and I visited Auschwitz while there and that was very intense. Words cannot describe what one is feeling until the place is visited. After Krakow we took the train (7 hours) to Budapest. That was an interesting trip! We had top bunks for sleeping for the whole time, and it was so tiny. I had all ready been to Buda a couple times before, but this time was way more fun. We stayed at a super grungy hostel, for fun, and we went out a couple times when we were there. One of the first days were were there, hungover, we decided to go to the Budapest caves. Ya caves. Underground and dark. Did I mention we were hungover? Ya that was fun! Also side note, we met a girl on the bus going to the caves that my friend and I went to high school with! So extremely random. Mackenzie(friend) was struggling through the caves and sometimes I got a little scared haha. But man was it fun. The next day we went to the thermal bath caves. That was definitely relaxing and beautiful. We were the weirdos in the 1 piece bathing suits. Thanks polo and swimming! That whole trip was really fabulous and I wish she could come again so we could terrorize Europe together.




No comments:

Post a Comment