Thursday 21 May 2015

In the Land of May

As I am having a glass of wine, listening to Sia and doing grown-up things, I am just admiring how great my life is going-currently. I have also decided to add a couple recipes I have been cooking lately because seriously, some of them are so good I can't not SHARE! :) I hope you'll appreciate them too.

But as I sit (yes, still drinking wine) here seeping into the abyss called life, I have started to realize that in a few short months, Steve and I will be embarking on the biggest journey of our lives! September is almost upon us and there is so much to do and seriously, so f*cking little time. I'm starting to look up jobs and update my CV so that I'm not completely blind when we get to South East Asia. It's going to be such a crazy ride and no worries, I shall still be blogging about my adventures. :)

Anyway, this month is full of goodies! Good ole Jill aka Mother aka Mom is coming to Prague May 30th. She is currently traveling with Palm Fron aka Palmer around Europe before she gets to me. Next week ends the school year (basically, I will only be teaching on Friday's). It's crazy how time flies, when you're having fun! I have had such a great teaching experience with Playground English and I will be so sad to go, but I need to move on to different things and experience the world! Hopefully they can find a good replacement, but we all know I am IRREPLACEABLE. But on another note, I will miss some of my kids.

June then is around the corner and Palmer comes on the 10th for a couple months! I can't wait, hopefully we can beat last summer's antics. We've got a lot of things planned.

Nothing exciting has happened in the last few weeks, just finishing up teaching and working on the weekends to save up money for SEA. I have my first CrossFit competition in June, but it's an in Gym thing. Kinda excited! I've gotten into such great shape over the last few months, I love it.

Well until Mother and Palmer get here, that's all for now! TA!

xx

PS Here's a delicious recipe for Mashed Cilantro Cauliflower :)


1 whole Cauliflower head (or half doesn't really matter)
bunch of Cilantro (coriander), enough to fit comfortably in hand.
1/2 cup of coconut milk (I use organic)
quarter lime
chopped up pepper of choice, jalapeƱo works if you want it spicy!
salt/pepper to taste
chili flakes

1. Boil Cauliflower until soft, drain then add coconut milk and cilantro, chopped. Start to mash with immersion blender or hand masher.
2. Squeeze lime juice and add chopped pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste and chili flakes.
3. Enjoy!

I like mine really spicy so naturally I added loads of chili and peppers :)
It should look quite creamy and not too intense of a lime flavor but it is up to you! I was feeling really mexican this weekend and had cauliflower that was about to go bad and VOILA!

This is delicious, gluten-free, sugar-free and grain-free hashtag paleo recipe from yours truly.


No comments:

Post a Comment